Get Pin Bar Alerts From MetaTrader 4
Via Mobile App Push Notification, Screen Popup, Email and/or Text Message
This super customizable Pin Bar alert indicator is the perfect compliment to any trading strategy that uses Pin Bars as an entry or exit signal.
When a Pin Bar prints, you can be alerted via:
- The MT4 desktop screen
- MT4 mobile app push notification
- Text message (where email to text is available)
Choose one, or multiple alert methods at the same time.
Never miss another Pin Bar again!
Mark Pin Bars on Your Chart (or keep it clean)
You can choose if you want to see Pin Bars marked on the chart or not.
Marking the Pin Bars can help you with your weekly review or with backtesting.
But when you’re trading, you can turn off the markers so you have a cleaner chart. This gives you more room for indicators and trendlines.
You’ll still get alerts, even if the markers are turned off.
Use Your Definition of a Pin Bar
Traders have different definitions of a Pin Bar.
The primary difference is usually in the size of the tail. This indicator allows you to set the size of the tail to your definition of a Pin Bar.
Some traders like to see a 66% tail, others look for more. Regardless of what setting you use, this custom indicator can be adjusted to suit your needs.
Filter “Noisy” Pin Bars
You probably don’t want to get an alert on EVERY Pin Bar.
…or maybe you do.
This indicator gives you a choice.
If you’re like most traders, you want to only get the Pin Bars that can signify a turning point in the markets. In order to do that, you can increase the NBarExtreme setting to filter out more Pin Bars.
This setting looks back at the last X number of candles to see if a Pin Bar is the highest candle or lowest candles.
Here’s an example of when NBarExtreme is set to 5 candles. The indicator checks to see if the Pin Bar is the highest (for bearish Pin Bars) or lowest (for bullish Pin Bars) point, of the last 5 candles.
However, if you use Pin Bars to identify a continuing trend, you might want to set NBarExtreme to a lower setting, so you don’t filter out trending Pin Bars.
You can also filter out Pin Bars that you consider too big or too small.
Indicator Settings Explained
Here are the settings that are available for this indicator.
They make it easy for you to identify the Pin Bars you are looking for, and filter out the noise.
- DoAlert – Activate on-screen Pin Bar alerts in Metatrader 4.
- DoNotification – Activate Metatrader 4 mobile app push notifications. Push notifications need to be setup in your Metatrader 4 settings for this to work.
- DoEmail – Activate email alerts. Email alerts need to be setup in your Metatrader 4 settings for this to work.
- MinimumTailSize – This is the minimum percentage that the tail needs to be in order to be defined as a Pin Bar. The default is 0.6 or 60% of the total bar size.
- MinRangePnts – The minimum range of a Pin Bar in pips. This is to filter out Pin Bars that are too small.
- MaxRangePnts – The maximum range of a Pin Bar in pips. This is to filter out Pin Bars that are too large.
- RequireNBarExtreme – Activates (true) or deactivates (false) the n-bar extreme filter, explained below.
- NBarExtreme – Only identifies Pin Bars that are the highest of the last N bars for bearish Pin Bars, or the lowest of the last N bars for bullish Pin Bars. This filters out Pin Bars that occur inside a consolidation range.
- MarkPinBarSymbol – You can remove the Pin Bar markers on your charts to keep your charts clean (select false). Even if you remove the markers, the alerts will still work.
- BullPinBarSymbol – Metatrader wingdings symbol number that is used to mark bullish Pin Bars.
- BearPinBarSymbol – Metatrader wingdings symbol number that is used to mark bearish Pin Bars.
- PlotOffsetPnts – Sets the distance between the Pin Bar markers and the bars. If you trade on higher timeframes, you may need to increase this number.
Hedge Fund Quality Programming and Support
Are you tired of downloading half-baked indicators from forums? It can take forever to find one that actually works and good luck getting support.
This indicator has been custom built from the ground up by Adam Hartley of Snapdragon Systems. Adam has done custom programming for clients like the Tudor Group, Barclays Capital and many more.
When you buy this indicator, you can be assured that you are getting the highest quality programming at a reasonable price. Snapdragon Systems provides full support for this indicator and you can contact them if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the “+” symbol to see the answer to each question.